sábado, 3 de junho de 2017

Poem: Lucinda

Before you read the poem...

I never knew my grandma, because she passed away before I was born.
A month a ago, I was in the train station with my sister to go to college and we were buying our tickets as we do every other sunday. Our grandpa showed up at the station(surprising us).
Our train delayed so, happily, we talked with him for an hour. He told us so many stories, a few repeated, and other new. We always love talking with him.
Once he finished telling a story about our grandma, my sister asked:"Would you be able to fall in love with someone new?"
My grandpa answered:"If i died today, ressurected tomorrow, with her alive on earth. She would always be the one i would choose".
He inspired me, with all the stories and the way he talked about her, to write this poem. And well her name... was Lucinda.

Lucinda


I never knew you but he did
Strong, mean but lovable... for him you were his trouble
There is no double

From the first day he said
'Angel, she was the first love I will ever have'

Even if the skies were grey that day
The white hair, (oh) so pure and crystal
Is the proof he loved the life you both shared

Lucinda, will always be the name
The name that no other compares
Grandma I hope you knew
Grandpa loved you, you made him new

Now there is something I understand
One thing I will always know
Even if the skies fall upon us
Love is all...
All we can not measure
And it is life's greater treasure.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário